This is my response to Z and Cinder’s challenge no 40: Getting to know you.
This is a bit of challenge for me as I am usually a rather private person, but here goes:
1. I am more of coffee drinker, but when drinking tea it is usually green, nothing added. Sometimes rooibos. In early summer, I might enjoy a cuppa black currant leaf tea, while the leaves are still small and light green. Fennel tea ain’t bad either.
2. I like desserts, but do not eat them often. Strawberry cake is my vote.
3. I love a nice autumn day, with colourful trees, crisp air and the feeling that soon nature goes to sleep. A clear still winter day, 5-10 minus degrees (Celcius) and snow on the ground is also wonderful. November is my least favourite month.
4. Silly banter with friends cheers me up. In a more profound sense, I would say when close family or friend who is struggling with health or otherwise gets some good news, have an improvement in their life, etc. That cheers me up 🙂
5. I am not a huge pet person. Prefer dog to cat. Recently I have been taking care of my daughter’s cat for a few days at a time. I got used to it, and even missed it a bit. :-O I’ve had dogs before, when having a house. Sometimes I think I would love to have a dog. But due to health I can not really take any long walks, so I would need to share the care with another person.
6. Dream holiday… when I was younger I did some backpacking around the globe, twice. I never went on a package holiday, but nowadays I would love to have something very relaxing place to stay for a period. I am very stationary these days, so travelling is really a thing of the past. Maybe with company. Wish they had invented teleporting!
7. I have two adult kids. It would have been nice with one or two more, but that’s not how life turned out. But I am very happy for the two I have.
8. Weather. I dislike too hot weather (getting old) and not too windy, please.
9. Last meal? I don’t know what to answer. Ice cream? Or maybe Ris a la Malta (a little blink to Alunaria). 😉
10. 24 hours… Maybe with my father’s family during the war. Sweden was neutral (well), but they certainly lived in fear. Not a happy time, but maybe I could cheer them up. It would also be interesting to see those people from my childhood during their youth. And some people I never met.
11. Ghost? Can’t I be a guardian angel, please? 😉 But if I could haunt… why not Genghis Khan? He liked horses, so nightmares would be a fitting gift. Muhahaha.
12. My ancestry (afaik) are small and medium farmers, workers and small business owners (I’ve heard one of my great-grand-father was the the first cab owner in his (small) town that left the horse business and got a car. Some of my ancestors were immigrants more than a 100 years ago. (A very small group in Sweden back then).
13. Ill-health and other serious problems in family and closest friends.
14. My children. And my parents. Without them I wouldn’t exist 🙂
15. My dream job is actually to be able to work. My health makes it practically impossible. But I am not giving up. If I got a job, I would love if it was partly outdoors. I am not the sporty type or builder or so, but it is nice to not be locked up indoors all day.
16. I am sure there is life on other planets somewhere.
17. I am not interested in sports very much. I used to follow sumo quite intensely, since I spent some time in Japan in mid 90s (Waka-Taka-Akebono era), when sumo had a popularity peak. Not much organised sport, but really enjoyed doing Tai Chi Chuan as a martial art many years ago.
18. Relaxing: WoW, reading, occasionally watching Netflix.
19. Historical figure… Mary, mother of Jesus. Some time in her later years. Would be very interesting to hear her story.
20. Math, maybe. I worked a bit as teacher after my high school. Math requires little preparation, so that would be my lazy option 😉 In adult life I turned to social science, but I think I would be in trouble in the very P.C. school system we have here.
21. A perfect day would be a day without fatigue, brainfog and pain. I would pack car and go visit people I haven’t visited in a long time. Oh I would love a week or two of that! Please? 🙂
22. A silly duffer with, if somewhat impulsive, heart.
23. My father has a silly sense of humour.
24. Anti-greed would be a nice super power. Not sure how it would work, though hehe.
25. Bumble bees are nice to see. Moose are impressive. Have not seen one since I moved to town. Although the other day they had to shoot one in another town who had gotten into a shopping mall (I think).
26. Being a father. It’s not easy and one makes so many mistakes. But that is life. Literally. 🙂
Some of the others posting for this challenge have been brave to post photo, but I don’t. But I am a typical Swede: five feet tall, blonde hair, red skin and pointy ears and Nietzsche size moustache. Alunaria can testify to my looks 😉
Above all, I am normal. Very normal. The most normal person in the world! Totally middle of the curve, the road and life. Actually past mid-life, but I can’t stop time.